Why You Should Rekey Your Home or Business
January 29, 2020
Having to rekey the locks at your home or business might seem like an inconvenience, but there are a variety of reasons why it could be greatly beneficial to you as a property owner. Here are just a few examples of some of the most common reasons why people decide to rekey their business or invest in new keys for their home in Houston, TX:
- You recently purchased a new property: If you’re the brand-new owner of a home or business, then it’s important you rekey the property as soon as possible. You never know who else might have keys to the property. The former owners might still have copies of the keys that they kept, either on purpose or by accident. The former owners might also have given keys to neighbors for emergency purposes, or to family members. It’s in your best interest to install new locks as soon as you’re able.
- You’ve gone through a divorce: If you’ve recently gone through a divorce and held on to your marital home, you will want to rekey the home to make sure your ex is unable to get in, along with anyone your ex might have given the key to. This is important for your privacy and for the protection of yourself, your children, and your possessions.
- You lost your keys: If you’ve lost your keys somewhere, it’s a good idea to get your home rekeyed. You never know whether someone will find them and if they’ll somehow be able to trace them back to your home. Plus, you might not know exactly where you lost them.
- You had a roommate who moved out: If you shared your home with a roommate and that roommate moves out, it’s a good idea to get the property rekeyed before another one moves in, even if you and your former roommate were on good terms and even if they gave back the key to the landlord. Again, you never know who that roommate might have given a copy of the key to.
- Your locks aren’t functioning properly: If you’ve been finding it difficult to open and maneuver the locks in your home, then it’s a good idea for you to get the home rekeyed. It can be extremely inconvenient and frustrating to have to try to jiggle the lock in exactly the right way or to have to force the key in the correct direction. The lock might be broken, or simply might be old and have seen a lot of wear and tear. Instead of letting the lock be an everyday source of frustration, you can rekey and not have to worry about it anymore.
- You have a staffing change: If you have an employee who quits or is fired and never returns their keys, you should probably make it a point to rekey your commercial property. For larger businesses with lots of people who need access, you might consider investing in an access card system instead of physical keys.
For more information about why you should consider a business or home rekey in Houston, TX, contact Express Locksmith today.
Categorised in: Commercial Locksmith, Residential Locksmith